The particles in the street often cause scratches or marks on the windshield of the car. The first thing our instinct tells us when this happens is that we must change the windshield. This means paying at least $ 100 to buy one again. Fortunately, there are products on the market that can help you solve the problem yourself with much less money.
- Make a test with one of your fingers to see if the nail is locked by passing on the rayon. If so, the scratch is too deep and cannot be repaired. If you cannot polish a compound glasses and a variable speed drill.
- Clean the windshield well. Make sure there is no dirt, oil and debris in the area that you are repairing.
- Use a compound for polishing glass. This product usually comes in glass repair kits, which can be purchased online or at the auto parts store in your area.
- Place a polishing pad in the hole and apply a small amount of glazing compound on the pad. Start by applying light pressure for several minutes and enter the compound in the rayon with small, circular motions.
- Clean the area with a clean rag wool. Apply a small amount of buffer to the glass as Brand Glass Renew on a clean polishing pad and pad placed in the bore. Apply the polish on the scratch with moderate pressure. Keep working until the rayon is gone.
Tips & Warnings
- The prices for glass repair kits range from $ 10 in products for personal use up to $ 1000 in products for industrial use.