Small to moderate glass cracks car can be easily repaired with a kit of repair to based resin composite glass. In order to prevent the crack from permanently expanding and ruining the car’s windshield, it is important to repair it as soon as it appears on the surface. Consultation with a specialist repair of cars if the crack is enlarged, since the glass car may need to be completely replaced.
- Clean the window of veins and residues. Spray a moderate amount of glass cleaner on it. Clean stains and dirt from the glass with paper towels or newspaper. Let the glass completely dry in the sun before proceeding to repair the crack.
- Use a resin-based repair kit that comes in a syringe. According to Everything Auto, unwrap the package and center the adhesive disk, which holds the pedestal in place, in the crack. “Drill the hole in the adhesive disc, remove the coating on one side of the disc and press it on the glass,” says Everything Auto. Make sure that the pedestal on the disc is facing up so that the syringe can be inserted in its place.
- Insert the syringe (that comes with the kit) into the pedestal that is connected to the disc. Make sure that the syringe aspiration opening is down on the pedestal and the plunger up. Turn the syringe to the right until it clicks into place on the pedestal.
- Push the plunger up to suck air bubbles from the crack. Hold momentarily and release the syringe so that the suction causes the repair compound to be inserted into the crack. Repeat this process at least 10 times.
- Allow the repair compound to cure in a well-ventilated area or in the sun for about 30 minutes. Wipe off any excess glass compound with a damp towel.